Mon, 7 August 2017
This is the final episode of the Documentary Photographer Podcast. It may return for a second season, but for now it is the last one.
Here's the list (in no particular order of importance):
1. Spoke to my hero: Doug Menuez
2. Spoke to great photographers
3. Taught me about photography: how to take pictures
4. Taught me about business
5. Inspired me/showed me what’s possible: pursuing dreams
6. Broadened my horizons/understanding of humanity/culture
7. Marketing of my brand
8. Taught me a new product/business
9. Taught me a new skill (speaking/interviewing)
10. Broadened my network: interviewees & listeners
Thank you for your company along the way. It's been a privilege.
Doug Menuez: On Chaos, Fear, Survival and Luck This link takes you to an archived version of Doug's previous blog/website via Archive.org. I'm doing so because I'm getting a malware notice from my Norton security software at the moment regards Doug's actual old site. I've emailed Doug to let him know. But in the meantime, you can read the article safely here: https://web.archive.org/web/20160317092335/http://dougmenuez.com/on-chaos-fear-survival-luck/
Tue, 1 August 2017
Anna Gunn joins us from Portugal to talk about her career in photography and how she created Porto Photo Fest from scratch.
Follow her journey from aerospace engineering via theatre lighting to photography. You'll not only hear lots to inspire you on your own creative journey, but also learn how Anna convinced some of her photography heroines and heroes run workshops at the inaugural Porto Photo Fest.